I am very sads to write this post. I want to tell you all about a big grand building, but I also want to tell you about a staged coup that could have gone completely Gilead like. So let’s start with the building I want to describe.
Imagine yourself in a big giant rotund hollow hallway, statues everywhere, and one set aside in gold. There are statues made in many different things, many types of styles. Remember humanities class? There’s a statue in kubis style, the statue of Father Kino, who was a dear friend of the lepper people, those with leprosy. There is a statue of King Kamehameha, whose name fits where he’s placed, “the lonely one” in Hawaiian. There are statues of very different American and world people who are famous. I don’t call them the gods, I don’t dare do such things, but statues like these are very sacred objects in the American story. Does anyone remember what it used to be like to live in a leprosy colony? I don’t think so. Molokai was an island where leprosy patients were segregated, and there were people who contracted the disease and died. Father Kino to me was a hero among such people because he did what Jesus would do. Jesus, as a spiritual mentor to so many, did what I would suspect he’d do for leprosy patients. He never stayed away from them or blind people, deaf people, people who are not able to walk, etc etc. I could say lame and mute but what good would that do? It wouldn’t do us any good to mention what Kamehameha was famous for either. He was a king. Hawaii was a monarchy, but above that, Hawaii’s schools are a bit racist because they require Hawaiian native blood in their students. This doesn’t surprise me because not only that, the rest of America was racist too. Native Hawaiians were ousted from their so called kingdom and then Hawaii became one of our fifty states, but at no cost to those who sought to destroy them. Either way, I wish there had been a statue of Queen Liliukilani, and she had a song that was written about her. Let’s be real though, I love the idea of visiting Hawaii, but the real Hawaii Native peoples should stop trying to limit their students in schools to Hawaiian blooded kids. There are white and black students who would probably fit in okay in the extended ohana, and what does ohana mean? Well, the lonely king of Hawaii couldn’t tell us now, but let’s be real. Ohana, as Stitch would say in Lilo and Stitch, means “family, Ohana means nobody is left behind or forgotten.” Stitch realized all this while he felt like an outcast. I hope Stitch’s story also teaches the Native Hawaiians that no matter how big or small or no matter what shape, a dog is a dog, a man is a man. In other words, human beings are human beings. And I wonder why Kamehameha’s statue was so lonely over there in the Rotunda.
There were lots of works of art in the Capitol but let’s be real about that. I don’t think art is a bad thing. I studied statues in humanities class, among which was a copy on a lawn of Michelangelo’s David, nude and all. Kind of interesting, I was only eighteen when I saw that thank goodness for the first time. Yeah, it was only a statue, but David is seen in Europe, lots of the great stuff is in Europe. Sadly, even the Pieta has seen its share of vandalism in the world of art.
I got a Pieta figurine my parents bought from Italy, blessed by the Pope. However, it wasn’t tall. One thing I liked about the statues in the Rotunda in the capitol was that they were majestic and tall, and word has it they tell stories. Like Kamehameha and Kino, each statue tells a story in American history. Let’s talk about the stories each one might tell you.
Imagine you walk through the Capitol and hear all the statues start talking. I had to write this down for the Daughters of the American Revolution essay contest. Oops, not a good idea because I never would have won anyway. My writing probably would suck anyway. I had the best time with the tour guide, and the tour guide was awesome. But think of what the spirits that house within the stories and the art are saying now that rioters left trash all over.
So what happened on January 6, 2021? First off, rioters and terrorists entered the Capitol unlawfully. They not only attacked Congress and stole things and looted crap, they did something I’d never think anyone would do. They attacked the spirits of the dead. Imagine a statue of Ruth Bader Ginsburg talking, no screaming, “Stop, you lousy fools, get away from me. Leave me alone, don’t put trash on me.” Kamehameha would shout, “Shut your mouths, you damn haoles, get the hell away from me.” Father Kino would nod his head and pray, god forgive these uglies, for they know not what they do. Then a statue of MLK Jr. would spit out, “Get the hell off my property. God abhors you, you white supremacist demons.” If I saw a statue of Sacajawea, she’d utter something like, “Leave this earth as it should have been untouched by your pilfering hands. Get off my ground and step lightly. Mother Earth shall have her revenge.” Now, imagine what the portraits and art faces would say if you walked in to the hall of First Ladies.
First of all, I imagine that the dead first ladies would haunt the rioters. While they were confronted by police, only four of them died. Four out of thousands. And yet the police would kill more if they were black. This is why the Capitol police chief is resigning. We need to seriously get rid of systemic racism, and what if the coup had been successful? Well, first of all, spiritual energy would be a lot more powerful than the Supremacists who are haunting my spaces. So let’s be clear.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg probably sent that little fly and she might have been inside that fly, sitting gently on Mike Pence’s head. What’s funny about that was that the fly had its own Twitter account? Well, that fly probably would have died by now, but what will Ruth become next? I believe in reincarnation and the freedom of a spirit to do what it will. So if Ruth knows anything, it’s that a coup would have ended in the following scenario:
- My rights would have been violated, nonexistent, and I would have been required to submit to the will of boogaloo assholes, preferably the militias that might storm the city of Denver. I could have been sold to a Florida master, along with my husband who could have been beaten, exterminated along with millions of his people, and so much other stuff. The first thing I thought when I heard the Capitol riots happened was the Handmaid’s Tale. Why? Because Gilead might have formed out of these Proud Boys, Boogaloo and Q Anon idiots. They are, rest assured I say this, terrorists. What is a Terrorist? Well, read the book Terrorism: a Special Kind of Violence. They don’t always terrorize in the name of God either. These Terrorists terrorized in the name of concepts and ideas I feel are very very dangerous and are not up for debate. For example, Trump keeps weakening LGBTQ protections, but that’s not really up for debate when Biden gets to be President, and that is because I’ve got friends in that community and they are human like everybody else. They just happen to be bisexual, gay, transgender, and so on. Trump wants to keep a ban on transgender people in the military, but I know Biden would find it offensive and wrong. While he is Catholic by nature, I totally understand Biden’s wish to make sure that human rights are not up for debate. The Proud Boy Boogaloo Q Anon Trumpist Terrorists that attacked my country several days ago are not just white Supremacists, ableists, and straight entitled white brats who haven’t learned that losing is okay, they are also people who would incite more violence if permitted on Twitter, Facebook, and so on. Censorship aside, the social media networks did the right thing. Why? Because I don’t want a Gilead, but here’s a big difference. Commander Judd did not have social media, and neither did his little friends. Where are the Handmaids? Where will the commanders come from? Well, Q Anon being extremist, I would never want one guy like that for a husband if commanded. I don’t want to have babies with anyone but someone I love and care about. If the men come shooting my beloved people, they will have to understand why they are being charged with murder.
- The black people’s right to exist would be in question. Boogaloo and Q Anon probably will form a Confederacy and make slavery legal. Well, that can’t happen for several reasons. I will never let it, the masters are evil, and my beloved is black. I won’t allow people like this in our home, in our territory. We need to get a house that ultimately has lots of space for children, us, and possibly … I don’t know. But no servants at all. As a person who was mistreated and accused of wrongfully being a bad and evil queen at a young age, well, I now have to have supports. Q Anon and Boogaloo are hell bent at taking that away from me and other people who need it. They would sell me as a freak show, want me to do things, or get my ass shot like a disposable cat that had to be put down. No, I won’t have this happen. Let’s make one thing clear: I won’t let slave traders in my home, whether they give me a good deal or not. I will not sell a person or a living flesh of mine no matter how poor. We’re not Afghanistan.
- Women’s literacy would be banned. My blog would be shut down, and Wes would be dancing in his boxers for hours. Well, right now he better not be dancing around in his boxer shorts reading my blog for no apparent reason. I want to be able to type this blog without fear of a defamation lawsuit, and if anyone, Wes, Bill, or even the bad guys who supposedly want me dead keep putting out screenshots of my stuff, go right ahead. You won’t win because my buddy in Arizona got a screenshot of you first. So why target me? Is it because I’m female? If you want to govern this country, women’s literacy and opinion is not up for debate. Got it? Good.
- Men would have a sphere of influence, and women would have limited spheres of influence. Right, Aunt Lydia? Well, the aunts and those in charge of oppression would be allowed to read or write. NOt my partner, not me, not anyone else. Voiceover on this mac would become liable for being made illegal, and it would be illegal for blind people and female voices to be heard and respected. This is something that I’m sure the Q Anon extremist people would never really want, but in their hearts, they want privileges kept for themselves.
So what should the Biden administration do to prevent violence like this in the future? Here’s a few notable hints, and Joe, if you’re reading this, please note that I support whatever you decide. These are just my thoughts, remember?
- Ban all MAGA hats, Q symbols, and other things associated with Q Anon and Boogaloo, except for Hawaiian shirts. Just make note that Hawaiian shirts should have a disclaimer on them saying they are not associated with Boogaloo. Please wear your Hawaiian shirt responsibly.
- Banning people who have white nationalist ties in the police force is another thing we need to do. I don’t want people who are nationalist working for any police forces, especially if their intent is to target my family, my friends, and allies in the gay community, black community, and the disabled community.
- I don’t want to see Armageddon, but please, we will have to limit Bible content in classes so as not to offend those who don’t practice biblical principles. Sure, study the KJV, but please, none of the book of Genesis would be allowed to be read except as a comprehensive myth. The Genesis myth would also include the parts about Eve and Adam and all that. Using “Eve’s Curse” to tax tampons is a sin, a grave sin against women. And because we learn that Eve ate the apple, women are automatically dirty and sinful. We need to shift our thinking in that regard, and understand that the Biblical Genesis story was written by a man. Not a woman, and the Hebrew scriptures were written and authored by Man. God could not have possibly wanted women to have to be unclean during five to seven days of the month. I could go on and on, but no more of this dance in my boxer shorts will cool this part down. We also need to confront our past without erasing it. The Capitol riots will go in the history textbooks, and my kids will start learning black history ASAP.
- I would like Mr. Biden’s administration to do better with human trafficking prevention and survivors of such. First, if Joe wants, maybe we can talk about legalizing sex work. Why? So the pervs don’t go after little kids. You prevent one thing by forbidding it, alcohol for example, and human beings go nuts. Look what prohibition did for us. The only good thing it brought was … NASCAR. I kid you not.
- Joe Biden should legalize marijuana immediately. As immediate as humanly possible. The failed war on drugs will fail us further if we don’t. Thank you goes to Governor Jared Polis for being wonderful and saying he’ll request money for Cannabis entrepreneurs, so that’s awesome.
- The entire Congressional body should be required not to carry guns with them in the Capitol, and likewise police officers should never carry guns in the Capitol building, and in and around the D.C. area. We need heavy and strict gun controls in place to prevent rioting, and here’s another catch. Officers will not be allowed to wear Riot shields, or have rubber bullets, or whips, or clubs, whatever. Officers will only have their stuff on them that they can use to deescalate the situation. So let’s say the White House was rioted on. Well, they have dogs and guns there, but that will be an exception. But I don’t want crazy Lauren Beauvert to carry her gun around and object to anything Biden does. Beauvert is kind of out there, I’ll admit, but she was elected. In Pueblo, Colorado I might add. But I don’t want anyone, not even Ms. Beauvert carrying damn guns into the Capitol and shooting their fellow Congresspeople to death.
- Swastikas and Nazi symbols should be banned. We must also not forget that the Mein Kampf should probably be labeled with a cultural violence and whatever kind of warning so that if I ask why we’re studying it one day, whoever assigns it knows why I ask for this warning. Mein Kampf is Hitler’s Bible of sorts. Hitler wrote that disabled people were not desirable, and thus killed millions and thousands more. It wasn’t just the Jewish people. He persecuted so many people, just as Donald Trump tried. Because of Hitler, I decided against hearing Wagner’s Bridal Chorus, a song most popular at weddings, at my own commitment ceremony. Richard Wagner was a composer of operas that Hitler particularly favored, and the sturm und drang was particularly his favorite musical style. Hitler started out in an abusive family, even when his father was abusive, his mother tried to protect him. However, I think the father’s abuse and instilling entitlement drofve little Adolf to do big bad things. Same with Donald Trump. Please read Too Much and Never Enough: Why My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man by Mary L. Trump. She’s a psychologist, knows her stuff, and knows her family. Mary narrates this book, and does it really well. I’d like to say I’d pay big bucks to have Mary as my therapist because we’d have a lot of things to be worried about and talk about. Sure, I would never mention her sick and psychotic uncle, but I would mention the effects his ass backward rhetoric has on me and others. She knows. She knows all.
While I’m unable to sleep here tonight, I’m going to be honest. My damn headset is not charging for some strange reason. The Aftershokz headphones I got won’t charge. Ugh.
Also, the season of the Throne Room with Beth Taurasi will begin when Joe gets inaugurated, and I’m going to hope for some champagne or wine to celebrate.