I know none of you readers here are responsible for the Denver Post’s twitter account being hacked, but let’s be clear on this. No newspaper or journalistic site deserves hacking, especially by racists. My partner’s black, and I won’t evacuate the city on january 1, as one tweet said. Do not use racial slurs when you tweet about this entry, by the way. I don’t tolerate racial slurs and epithets. You don’t know my wordpress passwords, I’m sure you readers know the rules. Please read the rules on my blog, and there are indeed two different rules pages I’ve created. I need to be frank though, the hackers should be prosecuted for hacking the Denver Post and posting all those racist things on the twitter account. The Denver Post’s editor in chief clearly said that the tweets don’t reflect the views of the post, but Trenton, my partner, and I do not ordinarily read the post unless it’s important. That’s the paper for Denver, but still, if you don’t live in Denver, this doesn’t apply. Hacking pranks aren’t nice. They’re pranks, and they can be scary and lead to prosecution. Here’s a run down of what I will never write here in this blog.
1. I will never write racially charged epithets or slurs against any group of people.
2. I will never support ableism.
3. I will not threaten a bomb on anyone as happened on the Post’s twitter account.
4. I will not bash a particular organization but only state facts.
5. I will never write something that could threaten someone’s very core of life, however if the person I’m writing about committed a crime, including my ex, Nathan Larson, and others, their names go here no matter who or what it is.
6. I will not write that a religion is a cult unless it has the three characteristics of a cult: rigid boundaries, a godlike charismatic leader (such as Jane Whaley), and a rigid chain of command. There you have it.
Please note that this blog is not a bad place for anyone, and I want to make every effort to make sure that whoever is responsible for hacking my friends and the Denver Post and or my blog or anyone else for racist purposes is prosecuted under the full extent of the law. Period end of topic.