Here are twenty things I want to see happen in 2020, regardless of any weight loss or exercise driven resolutions.
1. I want to see a guardianship overhaul and legislation illegalizing guardianship for profit, seniors and disabled people being protected from ownership like dogs by predatory peoples in all states.
2. I want to marry my partner, without penalty from SSI and medicare and all that crap, and I want to raise a family.
3. In the next decade, I hope to have delivered two children into the world. I want to be able to nurture these kids to respect and love their parents, elders, and so on. This will also be a bit like an insurance policy for any estate planning I need to do. I mean, my brothers’ children will not make any equity decisions, aging related decisions and other things.
4. In the next decade, I want to see if I can get a lawsuit in place with the state of Florida over my own guardianship case. It was grueling but for my parents, easy isolation, control, and abuse beyond what should happen.
5. In the next decade, I want to see if I can get a grant so I can buy the necessary equipment to put in a studio, and if my music is popular enough, I hope to one day move to a better and bigger house.
6. In the next decade, a woman that everybody likes should probably be President of the United States of America, and there will hopefully be an end to the male domination of that political office.
7. I want a couple musical instruments. One day, I think I might take up the accordion. I also want to get back into flute playing.
8. I want to eventually homeschool my children of the future, teaching them myself, and making modules for history texts they should probably have in mind. History should never really be just taught in books, though.
9 I want to interview people like fellow WordPressers and god forbid, people in my life who’ve been important going forward.
10. I want to lose some weight, of course, but that’s for health reasons.
11. I want to help others obtain the things they dream about.
12. I want to use some of that lawsuit money or a foundation that pays for others to get freed from illicit and slavery like guardianships.
13. I want to officially cut ties with ableists. Even in the blind community, there are ableists. Period.
14. I want to see more of Colorado and the country as a whole. Traveling outside the U.S.? Questionable.
15. Disability protections notwithstanding, I’d love to see Canada at least.
16. I want to eventually get more active and get a guide dog. This is where it is in the next decade, not so in 2020 per se.
17. I want to eventually own a pet cat or two. Maybe two cats, but not twelve. My poor aunt had lots and lots of cats hiding in her house, but she wasn’t a hoarder by any stretch of the imagination.
18. I want to eventually run into people that actually like reading this blog. I just happened to skype with Britney and we had a good, no excellent connection. She’s like my biggest fan.
19. I want to of course grow my blog’s reader stats, even if it means I have to start sharing crap again on Facebook.
20. I eventually want to teach others about life, love, and how to move around in the rapids of life, something I wish others would have shown me without putting me down.
In the next post, I plan to cover ten things that happened in the last decade. I hope you enjoy this.