I’m going to forego the usual greeting to list the steps that ideally you should take to get into college.
1. Go to school, get good grades in school.
2. Graduate high school with competence and skills in all subject areas needed for step 3.
3. Fill out a college application.
a. Write a five paragraph essay about a topic the college picks.
B. Fill out financial info such as your FAFSA. This will give you a leg up on federal aid if you need it. If you don’t, skip this step.
C. Don’t cheat the system.
4. When you get to college, do your freaking homework.
5. Practice any craft you do with dignity, including music and sports.
In no way does this step by step include you dying your hair blonde, going to frat boy parties, and doing any sort of party activitty that could result in a date or acquaintance rape, death, or any danger. In no way does it state hat you have to be completely able to see the papers you are filling out, but the big thing is hat college should not be so hard to get into because being white sometimes earns you a trip to Yale. It shouldn’t. White males should not be the only ones in college, and the girls involved in that scandal were the sons and daughters of actresses and fashion designers.
I will write another post about how the disability experience affects college, and if anyone wants to let me use their college stories so I can point out how hard it is, please comment anywhere.