I have received hate mail from certain individuals regarding my ex, Jason. LEt me just play it straight: he made racially charged comments about Africans and black people and AIDS or HIV, and I have some stuff to say on that matter.
- Regarding the comments about Africans and HIV/AIDS, the black population accounts for over 50% of cases, but it is also going down year by year because of HIV care and community awareness, and it’s down in those folks who inject drugs. See http://cdc.gov for more details.
- On the comments that Mexicans are freeloaders, think again. My prior caregiver was Mexican, trust me, and she worked hard to provide for her family which consisted of three daughters and a grandson. Now two grandsons, of course. I’ve seen Mexican cantinas where the Mexican population hangs out, and these people just want an escape from violence and poverty like everybody else, not to freeload and that sort of thing. I’m sorry, but the use of the word “beaner” is also in play and it’s harmful to Mexican immigrants who genuinely want to get a better life for themselves and their children.
- Women should be under a man. Whether this means that women should be owned or under the authority of males in a sexual way, it makes me sick to hear a comment laced with this sexist and misogynistic rhetoric. Jason believes women are not fit to lead, but boy does he not know that women are more fit to lead than men. Women are more at risk of being subjugated, but if given the right training and voice in their education, girls can run the world. Right, Beyonce?
- Regarding comments about Asian women and other types of human beings, did you get the picture? Too many racially charged comments I have to dig up in my memory bank and debunk what this man says.
- HE doesn’t like kids at all. Doesn’t anyone know that?
- He is also highly homophobic and transphobic because of his treatment of a friend I actually met who is transgender, and he made fun of another schoolmate who came out as transgender. Transphobia and homophobia have no place in this country or the human race as a whole.
Think about all the statements here. IF you stick up for someone who holds to misogyny and bigotry, something’s wrong.