In light of the situation with my dear lost loves, and all the turbulent relationships and people not accepting me, I have felt that people just aren’t willing to work with others anymore. Our society has become more and more narcissistic and selfish as it were, and it’s time we hold a conversation about how mental and cognitive disorders affect us, the patients, society, etc. People who are blind are not immune to these things, so I thought, well, it’s not just Joey, my last boyfriend, and it’s not every John, James, Jingleheimer Smith, whatever, it’s every person in this world. I bet your bottom dollar that there isn’t a soul on Earth who is not touched by the nonacceptance problem or mental illness in general.
So how do we take down a power structure and change policies at all? Well, the NFB is going to meet with folks on capitol Hill, so why can’t we as a nation and a planet meet with the folks who are targeting us mentally ill folk with “Please leave”, and “so and so does not want to see you” and all that stuff? I’m done with people throwing me out like garbage, but it’s not me they’re affecting alone, it’s every parent’s child, every person’s best friend, every man’s girlfriend, woman’s boyfriend, yourself, a sister or brother, anyone. So here’s my plan: please read on.
If you are interested in helping with the movement, please submit a five minute video blurb to your own YouTube channel, which I would subscribe to, and then either share it to another channel, Facebook, etc. Or you can email your video to me at the following email address which will be posted below this stuff. Email is fine, or you can locally bring me a disc. Or you can mail me stuff, but I’d prefer email. I will upload videos to my channel, and share your stories on Facebook and Twitter and other places. We must assault social media. This is our only hope. Now, here’s my email:
Here are the guided questions you can use to do your video blurb. First, start by letting the listener or viewer get to know you. Ask yourself these questions:
- What is your name and where do you live?
- What do you do for a living if applicable? Student also counts, and at what school?
- What are you active in? Church, disability groups, etc?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What if any is your mental illness? IF you don’t have one, who does in your life? You can say for instance, “My sister/brother/significant other/friend has/had a mental illness.” Briefly describe the diagnosis.
- How does the mental illness affect you, the patient or person touched by it?
- How doHow does it affect society in that person’s at large comunity or whatever?
- If you had one wish for you or the other person regarding acceptance and help with the illness, what would it be? Think positive.
- How can we improve that person’s life or your life? Examples can be not excluding the person or yourself, understanding that person’s thoughts and needs, comforting that person in a bad time, of need.
- How can we as a country and the globe be more validating for us?
Those are the guided questions. You can be as fancy or unfancy with it as possible. But the time limit is 5 minutes due to YouTube. Thank you all very much.